Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th August 2023, 03:54 PM
Prolific Member

From the February announcement:

+Five mid-life Airbus A319/320 aircraft to be sourced for Network Aviation to meet continued demand growth from resources clients in Western Australia.

+Options for up to 12 additional E190s to be wet leased to QantasLink from Alliance Airlines.

+Nine purchase right options for A220-300 aircraft for the domestic fleet to be exercised, taking the total number of A220s on firm order to 29. These additional aircraft will arrive during FY26 and FY27.

+Two mid-life A320s for Jetstar Asia, to be based in Singapore, following the downsizing of its fleet during COVID to seven aircraft.

+Three additional Airbus A321P2F freighters to help Qantas Freight meet demand with more efficient aircraft.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...f-year-result/

It looks to me that the only thing started/delivered is the additional QQ E190s
Old 24th August 2023, 04:01 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
From the February announcement:

+Five mid-life Airbus A319/320 aircraft to be sourced for Network Aviation to meet continued demand growth from resources clients in Western Australia.

+Options for up to 12 additional E190s to be wet leased to QantasLink from Alliance Airlines.

+Nine purchase right options for A220-300 aircraft for the domestic fleet to be exercised, taking the total number of A220s on firm order to 29. These additional aircraft will arrive during FY26 and FY27.

+Two mid-life A320s for Jetstar Asia, to be based in Singapore, following the downsizing of its fleet during COVID to seven aircraft.

+Three additional Airbus A321P2F freighters to help Qantas Freight meet demand with more efficient aircraft.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...f-year-result/

It looks to me that the only thing started/delivered is the additional QQ E190s
You need to look at the footnotes in the investor section re these being from outside the group and as previously mentioned the A319s have started to arrive while the announcement today stated December is the expected first delivery for todays announcement.
Old 24th August 2023, 04:22 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
You need to look at the footnotes in the investor section re these being from outside the group and as previously mentioned the A319s have started to arrive while the announcement today stated December is the expected first delivery for todays announcement.
Funny you didn't mention that previously.

To reiterate from the February announcement (which you commenting on), at this time only the additional QQ E190s have been delivered which goes against your previous statement

"What was announced in Feb has already started to be delivered, and as I noted in the Jetstar thread, these are not internal transfers, this is also mentioned in the feb announcement, they are new to the QF group."
Old 24th August 2023, 04:35 PM
Prolific Member

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...ational-fleet/

from the above

ABOUT THE AIRCRAFT

Boeing 787-9 and 787-10

Qantas’ 787-9 at 62.8 metres is around the same length as the A330s they will replace, while the 787-10 at 68.3 metres is around five metres longer. Both 787 models will be powered by General Electric GEnx engines. The noise footprint of the 787 is 60 per cent smaller than those of previous generation aircraft[2]. The 787-9 delivers a 20 per cent improvement in fuel use, and around 25 percent for the 787-10, as compared to previous generation aircraft[3]. Airbus A350-1000

Qantas’ A350-1000 at 72.25 metres is 8.5 metres longer than the A330s they will replace and the same length as the A380.
The aircraft will be powered by Rolls Royce Trent XWB-97 engines.
The A350 provides a 50 per cent noise footprint reduction from previous generation aircraft[4].
The A350 enables a 25 per cent advantage in fuel burn and CO2 emissions compared to previous generation aircraft[5].

QANTAS GROUP FLEET RENEWAL OVERVIEW
The Qantas Group is on track to receive the first two QantasLink A220 aircraft by the end of this calendar year; subsequent deliveries are expected to be delayed by up to four months as a result of supply chain disruption.

The first of seven mid-life A320 family aircraft to meet growing resources flying and Jetstar Asia recovery are expected to arrive before the end of December 2023.

Twenty-two of the previously announced E190s wet-leased from Alliance Airlines are scheduled to have joined the Qantas fleet by the end of December 2023.

Two more A321 converted freighters are expected to arrive by the end of December 2023.

Jetstar’s 18 Airbus A321LRs are on track to enter the fleet by the end of calendar year 2024, with a further 20 A321LRs and A321XLRs set to be delivered by calendar year 2029.

The first of 12 Airbus A350-1000 ULRs for Project Sunrise are due to arrive in FY26.
Old 24th August 2023, 04:35 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hyde View Post
Funny you didn't mention that previously.

To reiterate from the February announcement (which you commenting on), at this time only the additional QQ E190s have been delivered which goes against your previous statement

"What was announced in Feb has already started to be delivered, and as I noted in the Jetstar thread, these are not internal transfers, this is also mentioned in the feb announcement, they are new to the QF group."
Greg, I didn’t mention the recent A319 delivery noted by Kent, only noted it wasn’t part of those announced in todays release and assumed it’s the Feb announcement. My point referencing the Feb announcement is that these are new to the Qantas group, not movements between subsidiaries or partly owned subsidiary’s in the case of 3K
Old 24th August 2023, 05:00 PM
Prolific Member

Mark, You still haven't answered my question regarding your statement ""What was announced in Feb has already started to be delivered, and as I noted in the Jetstar thread, these are not internal transfers, this is also mentioned in the feb announcement, they are new to the QF group."

Also I've been through the "Qantas Group FY23 Investor Presentations"

https://investor.qantas.com/investor...-announcements

and only found two references to the A319

p16

Continued strength of WA resources market resulting in commitment to5 x A319 aircraft to Network Aviation

p25

In addition to new aircraft deliveries (refer to table), the Group has flexibility with

Up to 30 x E190s7and 2 x A330s8through wet leases

Acquisition of 7 x mid-life A319/A320 aircraft

I couldn't find any reference to a Dec delivery date ?
Old 24th August 2023, 05:15 PM
Prolific Member

Greg

Kent mentioned an A319 delivery last week upthread, I am assuming this is from the Feb announcement as today they said first deliveries will be in December (see the media release). That A319 “delivery” may be a red herring but I think I saw at least one in Perth when I was there Monday. I note the Pprune job ad that indicated 15 may be the final number.

Quote:
The first of seven mid-life A320 family aircraft to meet growing resources flying and Jetstar Asia recovery are expected to arrive before the end of December 2023.

As it stands there are 7 new to Qantas aircraft coming that will start in December delivery wise, these are not inter group transfers.
Old 24th August 2023, 05:18 PM

The first A319 is still in the USA, will be VH-8NP, it is fully painted and I believe undergoing further pre-delivery maintenance
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)
Old 24th August 2023, 05:31 PM
Prolific Member

This where they are being sourced:

Spirit Airlines Agrees To Sell 29 Airbus A319s To Leasing Company

https://simpleflying.com/spirit-airl...9-airbus-a319/
Old 24th August 2023, 05:37 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Greg

Kent mentioned an A319 delivery last week upthread, I am assuming this is from the Feb announcement as today they said first deliveries will be in December (see the media release). That A319 “delivery” may be a red herring but I think I saw at least one in Perth when I was there Monday. I note the Pprune job ad that indicated 15 may be the final number.

As it stands there are 7 new to Qantas aircraft coming that will start in December delivery wise, these are not inter group transfers.
No mention of A319 in the above quoted document.

Skytraders have been operating A319's in Australia for many years.