Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st June 2010, 02:28 PM

Great news! I am sure it will prove immensely popular.
Old 1st June 2010, 04:09 PM

Well that's an unexpected surprise! It's not April 1st today is it? Certainly correct about them being a lot slimmer and lighter than our current VODs. And if the iPad can offer all of that same content plus more, then why not. I do wonder about the durability of the iPad in this situation though, and how it will stand the test of time from very high usage?

Other than that, I look forward to handing them out on-board. As long as they're priced the same or similar as the current IFE choice then they should be quite popular!
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:38 PM

perhaps the first volley in countering pax useage of their own ipads??

we have heard no more about the smarty who wants to sell boxed food at the terminals to bring on board.....
will the airlines let them so their own sales dwindle??
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry G View Post
we have heard no more about the smarty who wants to sell boxed food at the terminals to bring on board.....
will the airlines let them so their own sales dwindle??

They really have no choice.What is offered on the LCC flights are not really that good.I have seen a lot of people take their own food on board.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:37 PM

Not much use for dinosaurs and wrinklies like me who are "technologically challenged" as my kids tell me that I'm beyond that technology ! So it looks like I'll be reading books if ever I fly on Jetstar.

And I wonder what sort of security will be involved as I'm certain that many passengers will try to souvenir one.

Last edited by Bob C; 2nd June 2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:27 PM

i would say a drivers licence like they do now for the video on demand units, given it has all the renters details on it
Old 3rd June 2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
Not much use for dinosaurs and wrinklies like me who are "technologically challenged" as my kids tell me that I'm beyond that technology ! So it looks like I'll be reading books if ever I fly on Jetstar.

And I wonder what sort of security will be involved as I'm certain that many passengers will try to souvenir one.
iPad would have to be one of the easiest technologies to use.

Curious to know how licensing for the content would work, as it would be so easy for the airline to just pay the normal appstore price and then let people use it.

I'd rent one!

Flown:
Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, Bombardier, De Havilland Canada, Ilyushin, Yakovlev, Tupolev, Shorts, ATR, McDonnell Douglas, Fokker, Embraer, British Aerospace, Antonov.