Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th August 2008, 03:41 PM

Default Radar Mound For Photography

Have been constanley viewing the net and photos to see any new vantage points for photography at KSA. I have been going to the Radar mound in between 34L and R and have been getting some fantastic shots early in the morning and the sun is rising. During these times i have had security driving past every 20 or so minutes and have never had anything said to me. My last visit there about a week ago i was told to get out of the area by a security gaurd and he said i should not be in the area. Has anyone tried taking photos from this spot and if so, have you had any issues.
Old 8th August 2008, 05:25 PM

Sounded like someone having a Go, It is airport land, so they are within there right to say that. however 9 times out of 10 your pretty safe.
Old 8th August 2008, 11:16 PM
Prolific Member

Expect to see this area get quite busy with heavy construction vehicles as airside works ramp up.

For your own personal safety, perhaps it would be wise to give this area a miss for a while.