Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd February 2010, 07:47 AM

Default Sydney Domestic to International

Given that luggage would be checked through and boarding passes issued, is an hour sufficient to transfer from an incoming domestic flight to an outgoing international at SYD?
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:23 AM

Although technically the minimum connection time is 60 minutes, practically it is not a good idea. Everything would have to be running like clockwork (inbound flight on time, short wait for shuttle bus, short queues at immigration) for you to be able to make it without sprinting to the gate.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:13 AM

Agreed, if u miss the bus, or the bus is too full due to large numbers you can / will miss a connecting flight very easily. Also be prepared for missed luggage as on 2 occasions mine missed the domestic flight. No biggie, just have car keys etc etc on you rather than in yr case, and QF will deliver it.
Old 3rd February 2010, 06:16 PM

As the other two above me have said it's VERY tight!

A 10 min delay with your domestic flight will mean you have 50 mins to make the connection.

Waiting 15 mins for the bus etc etc

Where/what is your international flight?

Is is the ONLY flight of the day to your destination?

EG: If you are on QF107 SYD-LAX, and you miss that you will probably end up on the later QF11 SYD-LAX, and if you miss that you could get the SYD-SFO flight.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:23 AM

Wink

Thank you Gentlemen. My wife and I were planning to travel on QFFF points from CBR via SYD to WLG on Sunday 11 Apr on QF 560 & 47. Have taken your advice and will travel to SYD the previous day and o/night.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:26 PM

I have booked PER-SYD-CHC with a 1 hour transit... Hopefully it goes well.

It's not a major issue if we're late into CHC as long as QF looks after us in Syd. (and since i'm on a J award, they don't try to shove me on Jetstar!)

Edit... I just went to look up the flight reliability and notice QF have moved 2 of our flights earlier - one of them is the PER-SYD which now gives us a 70min connection.

Last edited by chrisb; 5th February 2010 at 10:41 PM.