Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd December 2013, 11:28 PM

Default Notable spotters: Sam Chui

Does anyone know the photographer Sam Chui? He has thousands of images on jet photo websites and seems to travel endlessly.

I recall meeting him a few years back, around the time of the first A380 flights.

He was interviewed about spotting on a local Sydney radio station and in an interview he said he makes no money from his spotting photography.

He has a website stating he lives in the UAE, but he was presumably quite a regular around Sydney Airport at one time.

Last edited by Robbie J; 2nd December 2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 3rd December 2013, 08:32 AM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Sam was a regular out at "The Mound" maybe 5-8 years ago, and I also caught up with him a couple of times at the Bankstown Airport Open Days.
Old 3rd December 2013, 04:59 PM

Sam still maintains a website dedicated to spotting at YSSY but, by the sound of things, he has long since moved abroad:

http://www.samchuiphotos.com/wheretospotsyd

On the website he states he now lives in the UAE. He was also a part-time journalist at an aviation magazine or two. He seems to have quite a name for himself.
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb

Sam Chui is also an active member of this Forum.
If you wish to contact Sam, please feel free to PM him.
Old 4th December 2013, 06:47 AM

Good morning,
I have never met Sam, but as stated before, he was a very active member of this forum and I used to follow his postings with great interest as they were usually contained with great photos.
Some memories of Sam were
He organised a photo night for members of this forum at his Drummoyne house which I heard was a great success.
He was able to take photos of Air Force 1 when George W Bush was in Canberra. He did not let on how he was able to get the shots he posted.
He was an invited guest on Singapore's first A380 flight to Sydney. Check his website for the trip report and photos.
He seemed to be able to go where others could not to get his photos.
Brian