Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd May 2011, 12:02 AM

Default QFA11 SYD - BNE - LAX??

While I was watching LAX on planefinder I see QFA107 arrived as an A380. Being a bit unusual I wondered if they were sending QFA11 over as an A380 as well only to discover QFA11 was a 744 that went to BNE on the way to LAX.

Anyone in the know able to shed light on QF11 going to LAX via BNE?
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:43 AM

I found this strange also. VH-OQC is operating QF107/108 and VH-OJA is operating QF11/12. Probably went to BNE due to a medical emergency as it departed to LAX 2 hours after arriving - probably too short a stop to fix anything mechanical that would need a diversion ( I wouldn't really know, just assuming).
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:44 AM

It was a medical diversion - I knew someone on the flight who mentioned that was the reason for it.
Old 22nd May 2011, 05:47 PM

Just listening to LAX tower and QF108 the A380 just took off from 25L (they always use 24L at LAX), and immediately after it departed, they closed 25L for a runway inspection. Would this be because it never uses this runway?